Wednesday, February 24, 2010

02/24/2010

HELLO MY FRIEND~


I drive past the pond almost daily and my eyes automatically search for my new friend.  After a couple of weeks he seems to be waiting for me, almost expecting me.  I am not quiet in my approach.  This morning I sang a wordless lullabye.  He watched patiently.  I spoke of my dreams.  He listened graciously.  I felt the need to name him although I'm sure that in his world he already has a name of sorts.  In my mind and in his presence I call him 'Wind'. 


It is naive of me to think that Wind might recognize or even tolerate me personally but I am encouraged by his presence with me at the pond, whether he be perched above in a near by tree or circling low beneath the clouds that beckon him.  There will come a morning when he will not be there on the old cotton wood and I will know that he has begun his journey northward.  Already I am excited for him and what awaits him as his world opens up around him.

No comments:

Followers